Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wednesday Cooker

First, let me say Welcome to our latest Followers:
Judy and Emma
Thanks for joining us!  We are almost at 130 ~ whom will be the next to sign up and get us there?

Yesterday was h-o-t.  I like the warm weather and the sun so it was a nice day.  I am not used to running the air conditioner all day in the Roadrunner and around town while I ran errands.  But that is what I did.

After breakfast, I listened to Adam's getting interviewed by CBC Radio Ontario on the Ontario Morning show with Wei Chen.
I am amazed at how far and wide the story of ForTheLoveOfMeghan has gotten.  The word continues to spread.  She was an amazing woman for many reasons but especially because of the way she dealt with breast cancer, starting with her first blog post about it on the Bee's Knee's.

We miss her every single day.  She was re-diagnosed in January and the cancer had spread.  The doctor told her parents to 'make sure she had a good summer' because they didn't know how much longer she had.  But she didn't make it to the summer.  Adam has made it his mission to complete her list of goals  (at the bottom of the link).  He moved from Wash DC to the Detroit area a year ago to be with her and it was it was the subject of his is latest post:  fire at night.

After the radio interview I got with my things at hand.  I am in the 'getting ready to leave mode' and tending to departure items.  Since we will be in Canada almost five weeks and it is about time for an oil change, I found a Wal-Mart and got that done.
I also found a distributor of 'The Solution' and picked up a gallon.  Those two errands took me a lot longer than I expected.  When I returned to the Roadrunner it was mid afternoon.

I kept in touch with Pam and Kelly as they continued their drive from Dallas to here in New Hudson, MI. They were on the road by 8:30 AM leaving from near Nashville, TN where they had spent the night.  They arrived at about 7:00 PM and dinner was waiting.  Our friend Rod drove over after work and brought leftovers from the 4th of July shindig at their place.  It was nice of him to do so and great to seem him one more time.

That is all today on the Roadrunner Chronicles!  Thank you for viewing!

3 comments:

  1. Glad Pam and Kelly arrived safely and didn't have to worry about cooking.
    I think it's going to be quite hot for the next couple days or so. I worry because we haven't even got to August yet.
    What are your plans in Canada, sounds like a great place to be in the mid summer.
    You guys be safe and have fun.
    Mike & Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we are going to have to make Adam an "honourary Canadian" if he isn't already, especially after being interviewed on CBC. Meghan's story is amazing as it continues to spread and gather more attention. Who knows what it will eventually lead to? Glad to see Pam and Kelly made it back safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to get caught up with all of you again. It sounds like Adam is getting lots of exposure as he fulfills Meghan's goals. So happy to hear that Pam & Kelly made it safely home. Is Kelly there for a visit? work?

    The rig looks great. While we were home last week for a couple of days Ron was able to wash our rig. It sure needed it.

    Take care and enjoy your time with Kelly.

    ReplyDelete