Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wednesday around the Campground and Cottage

I got up and checked my email at the one of the picnic tables near the Tobermory Village Campground office.  It turns out the wifi here is about the same as what we can catch in Tobermory at the library or one of the coffee shops.  It was a pretty slow day with not a whole lot going on.

Marg and Bill will be up here at their cottage through the weekend and we aren't due to leave until Monday.  Bill had a league golf match back at Petrolia but will return Thursday morning sometime.

After emails and posting my blog, I took some bottles and cans into town for recylcing, stopped by a bookstore and was back at the campground in time for Adam to drop by.  He was on his way out of town and headed toward Toronto for a few days.
Kelly and I went swimming in the campground pool and Pam joined us for a few minutes.
Over the back fence of the swimming pool is the stable where the owners have a Belgian horse, six goats, a rabbit and a kitten.  They also have a nice garden nearby.  I really like the way the owners have upgraded the whole camground.  Everything is in good repair and orderly.
Then we all went over to the cottage by Marg and Bill's.  While Pam did some laundry, I went for a long run and caught some sunshine.  It was another beautiful day.

Kelly and Marg went into town for some errands and a beer while Pam and I hung out at the cottage for a while.  I have a couple of books going and did some reading on:  The Bruce Beckons which is the history of the Bruce Peninsula (including Tobermory) and Lonesome Dove, western novel.

Pam cooked a great dinner of meatloaf and baked potatoes.  When Marg and Kelly returned they brought the shortcake, whipped cream and blueberries for dessert.  Kelly went over to the other cottage with Ed after dinner and we stayed at Marg and Bill's cottage and talked for a couple of hours with Marg and her mother.  It was a nice evening.

We got back to the Roadrunner about 9:30 PM and that was it for us.  No major events, just a nice summer day on the Bruce Peninsula near Tobermory...

Hope your week is going well and thanks for viewing the Roadrunner Chronicles!

6 comments:

  1. Looks to me like you had a perfect day and a great dinner to end it too. It's nice to have your family around for a summer holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another nice day for the Warner family!! Good picture of the family!! Not having a pool is one of the downsides to camp hosting at a state park. We do have a nice lake but you can't swim in it.

    Have fun!!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want your family to adopt me...errands and a beer...way to multitask, Kelly and Marge..And the meatloaf and baked potatos...OH YEA!! Top that off with shortcake and blueberries...I am salivating...Also...nice campground!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're having a great time. I had a bowl of fresh blueberries with half and half over them last night. You can't beat the fresh fruits of summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pool looks amazing!!! I'm wearing my floaties, and I'm ready to jump in :)

    Oh, btw...guess who got a mouse in her RV??? Uggggh!! How did you survive it? I'm so grossed out.

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete