Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sand, Mother's Wax and Balloons

Yesterday was another gorgeous day in Michigan!
The sun was out all day and the forecast is for more of the same.

About 7:30 AM a big truck came down the road and stopped near our friend's Dave and Kathy's campsite.  They are seasonal campers who have been coming here for the last eight years.
He is a builder and the sand was for his own little beach by his boat docks.  The campground has a beach at every lake but it doesn't look like they have ever put in any sand.  So Dave decided his grandkids could enjoy their own beach while they hang out on the deck next to the dock and watch them.  It's a pretty nice set up.

About 8:30 AM I decided to get into gear and clean the Roadrunner.  Really clean it.  I washed it completely and kept running into cob webs.
Those things keep coming back.  Even though I knock them down with a broom, they come right back the next day.  Maybe the wax will change things.  I had to take the bikes off the back and set them aside.

After that, I got the ladder out and got familiar with my Wax Attack Polisher:
In fact, I spent all day on the business end of this thing.  The Roadrunner looks good after polishing, but it is a lot of hard work.  After experimenting I think I like The Solution to remove the water spots left after the wash.  Then Step 1 wax which is a polisher.

I spent about 6 hours at it yesterday and have one slideout and the back of the coach to finish.  Then I will use The Solution on the hard-to-get-to places and the very top near the roof where the polisher wouldn't fit.  After that, I will use The Solution on all the windows and chrome.  Then I will only have Step 2 (the sealant and glaze) to apply.  I have my work cut out for me for the next few days...

Late in the day we saw some hot air balloons.
That was pretty cool.  There must be some event going on nearby.

That was it for us on a great Friday to start off the 4th of July weekend.  Have a great one!
And thanks for joining us on the Roadrunner Chronicles!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice looking little beach that guy made for his grandkids! That's a pretty ambitious project you've taken on in waxing and polishing your entire MH - even with a polisher. My sore shoulder starts aching just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about waxing our TT several times. That's as far as I ever get. You've got way more energy than I have.

    Have a great 4th.
    --Rod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randy and Pam,
    Thanks for following my blog! I hope you enjoy my travels with Emma. :)

    I usually try to get my rig waxed when I visit my son (for help) or hire one of the summer interns at a refuge or national park where I'm volunteering. It's a big job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polishing the motor home doesn't look like fun. sI guess there maintenance needed on where ever you live. I can't see my husband doing this. He doesn't do much on the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Washing and waxing the motorhome is a huge undertaking. Mike has started ours since we arrived at FDR but it isn't finished. Thanks for the motivation. :)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have waxed the front end several times but that's it. It's just way to big a job & if your waxing a big blank white surface it is hardly noticable anyway. Maybe if our rig had more color on it I might remotely consider it.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that waxing machine looks like a great thing to get as a present --- for STEVE! LOL

    Glad you got rid of all those cobwebs, I think if you have cobwebs starting to show up on your rig, it's time to get MOVING DOWN THE ROAD!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete