Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Hockey in Deming

I am not much of a hockey fan but I couldn't wait to see the gold medal round of the Ice Hockey competition.

With that as the main goal of my day, I decided it was my turn to do the laundry.  We are staying Dream Catchers RV Park in Deming.  It is an Escapees RV park and a good one.  (Escapees is a large RV membership club that provides a wide range of information and support to RV enthusiasts.)

Since it was Sunday, we listened to a sermon in the Roadrunner Chapel.  We decided on Mike Minter from Reston Bible Church.  He is one of the best thinkers and teachers we have ever listened to and yesterday was no different.

The laundry room is a nice one and has four washers and six dryers.  It took me about 90 minutes to get it done.  While I was there I met Dale, who has been full-timing since June 2009 but an RVer for quite a few years.  He has a great web site (RveCafe) you may want to check out.

We made a quick run to Wal-Mart for some groceries, then settled in the Roadrunner for a big day of watching the Olympics.

My friend and fellow blogger Rick had a great account of the amazing hockey game.  It was fitting end to a great Olympics!

That was our Sunday...just a little this and a little that.  Thanks for viewing the Roadrunner Chronicles!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Randy, it was a great game for sure and one that, obviously, could have gone either way. After being down 2-0, it was amazing to see the USA team fight back. I guess for now, us Canucks will just have to go back to getting thumped by the US in football, basketball, baseball and even beach volleyball. Losing in hockey, though, would have been a very bitter pill to swallow.

    ReplyDelete