Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Busy Day Watching Paint Dry

We were up early and over to Service Bay #20 to get the front of the RV worked on. I nicked the underside during our stay at Miller Lake, Canada in the summer.Brad got right on it and started preparing the area for repair. He used a lot of sand paper throughout the day.

Meanwhile, we walked around the Service Bays and talked to folks and watched some other RV's get repaired. Here, an entire slideout is getting ready to be hoisted back into position.
The flooring under the slideout had to be replaced.

Then we went back to the Customer Lounge for a little while.
That didn't last long and we went to see that Brad was making progress. I like watching guys that know what they are doing. It looked like he put several coats of 'Bondo' on the fiberglass front.
The longest part of the process was waiting for the bondo to dry and then waiting for the several coats of paint to dry. Brad also sprayed on a clear coat and hooked up a heat lamp to speed the drying time.

We also met some interesting people throughout the day:

We talked with Tanya who was redoing some window coverings/valances and installing new shades.
We may get her to install some new ones on our next trip here.

Here, Jim and Nancy from New Hampshire are talking to Jimmy who schedules people in and out of the paint & body shop.
Later, we saw Jim and Nancy again and they showed us their coach and some modifications including a water heater they had installed.

Ron from Missouri told us about Bob Tiffin's great repuation and how he experienced it when he ran into problems with his new Allegro Bus.
He got rid of the new Allegro Bus and decided on a used motor home. Here he is getting some work done on his 2007 Phaeton.

Sandy works in the Shipping Department and sends parts to dealers and individual customers.

Late in the day Brad finished up and we met the ladies in the Collection department.
Cassondra and Charlene finish up the bill and prepare the invoices.
Gail took our payment and we finished up a little after 4:00.

It was raining hard in the campground when we returned to our campsite. We went over to the laundry and finished off a load before dinner. We also went next door and paid our $10/night fee.

It was a busy day and we feel like we got a lot done while here at Red Bay. We got some work done and got ready to travel. We intend to pick up a couple of things at the parts store, dump our tanks and hit the road.

Arizona, here we come!

Thanks for viewing today! We appreciate it. Hope your week is going well!


  1. Thanks for another interesting tour of the RV factory at Red Bay, your rig should be in tip-top shape now.

  2. Arizona is here waiting! Let me know if you guys stop around the Verde Valley!