Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Overlay for Map Software

First of all, a big Welcome to the reader from Montana! Thanks for checking us out. (We now have readers from every state except Wyoming and South Dakota if my info is correct....)

I am always looking for good links and helpful information. Pam and I attended the Life on Wheels conference last fall (see my Sep 12 post). During one of the many conversations there with current full timers, I was introduced to a URL with a free map overlay. This download interfaces with a number of map applications with loads of info.
  • Delorme Draw Files
  • MicroSoft Streets and Trips
  • CoPilot Google Earth
I use MS Streets and Trips and find it very useful. I thought you might also so here is the link:

http://www.discoveryowners.com/cginfolinks.htm

Some of the overlay items you can find include:
  • Escapee Parks and Discount Parks
  • Cummins Service Centers
  • Freightliner RV Service
  • Bass Pro Shops
  • National Parks/Monuments/Rec Areas with developed RV campgrounds
  • Overnight Parking
  • InOut Burger Restaurants
  • Military FAMCAMPS
  • RV Unfriendly (NW, NE, MW, SE, SW)
  • State Parks
  • Thousand Trails Campgrounds
  • WalMart (that bar RV parking)
  • Big Rig Friendly RV Parks-Eastern US
The file has the caveat: use at your own risk. (I've never had an issue).

If you get a chance to test it out, let me know what you think. Also if you have other sites with some good info, please pass it along.

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment