Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Roadrunner Financials - April 2011

Roadrunner Recap
The month of April brought our 'snowbird' activities to a close.  We left Arizona after being there for most of the winter and went back to Albuquerque to visit Reid and Amy.  Our travels followed this basic route in April:
  • Davis Monthan Famcamp, Tucson AZ
  • OK RV Campground, Holbrook AZ
  • Kirtland AFB Famcamp, Albuquerque, NM
We did do some day trips while in Holbrook AZ.  The Painted Desert
was close by and there were some interesting Route 66 things we saw.  Some of the old motels had the early '60's teepees out front.

Here's an interactive map that shows where we traveled.  You can click on the letters and it will tell you the location.  







Good News Areas We Are Under Budget
The main two areas we did well in was in campground fees and RV/Car Maintenance for the month.  In each case we were under budget there.

Biggest Expenses
Our biggest expense for the month was for a MOAA Tricare Supplement I decided to buy for $852.  For some reason I thought it would be worth it but turned out not to be the case.  Falls into the same category of Extended Warranties -- for us they seemed to be a good idea but they never panned out that way.

Not sure actually to handle the once-every-six-months Auto Insurance bill but I paid it and lumped it into this month's bills.  I could prorate it -- may figure out something else another time.

Large One Time Cost Items
MOAA Tricare Supplement
Income tax bill of $322:  I had H&R do my income taxes again that is what I paid.
I also spent $242 on some Dewalt 12V drills that I have had my eye on.  I went ahead this month and both them for our many volunteering gigs.

Monthly Average

At this point in time, I am a full $1000 over budget for the month which doesn't bode well.  It just means we will have to pick it up somewhere else.

That's what our spending looked like for the month.  Thanks for taking a peek.  Hopefully they provide help or entertainment of some sort...  If you'd like a free copy of the spreadsheet I use, drop me a note and I will be glad to send it along.

Thanks for joining us on the Roadrunner Chronicles!


No comments:

Post a Comment