- They are glad to see us. Florida loves visitors. At the first Welcome Center and everywhere else we have felt nothing but a friendly response.
- It is warm here. Unseasonably warm at the moment. Which is completely fine with us. We hoped it would be nice and it is.
- The breezes are nice. Everyday we have a little wind and the gentle breezes are great. One of life's pleasures - a warm day and a gentle breeze.
- The oranges are cheap here. Yeah - no surprise there but the oranges and grapefruit are great and they don't cost much. At the Welcome Center, the OJ was free!
- They have good flea markets here. We visited the one in Dade City and another a few days ago in Hialeah and thought they were both very good.
- The highways are great. The roads we have traveled from Jacksonville to Tampa to Miami have been quite impressive. They maintain them well.
- The mow the aprons along the highways. This tells me that the state budget is holding up pretty well since they mow along the highways and dividers. Some states we have visited in the last couple of years have quit doing that.
- Rest areas are nice. In fact, in some stretches of highway, they are building huge, new, nice rest stops. Again, the state is doing some things to attract more visitors.
- There are a lot of snow birds here. Yeah - no surprise there. It is crowded most every where so we will avoid Walmart at mid day and yesterday we got caught in commuter traffic from Miami.
- The campgrounds have been good. We are in Miami now at a City Park (Larry and Penny Thompson) and it is not yet full. It is $32 a night and one that we definitely will come back to.
The kids flew in yesterday from BWI and we are going to spend a couple of days here before we head down to the Keys for Christmas. Hope you all are enjoying friends and family and this time of the year.
Thanks for dropping us a note / comment. And thanks for viewing the Roadrunner Chronicles!