It was great for a lot of reasons.
- The view from our campsite was great. I was really cool to be 50 feet from the water and watch military and commercial ships go by. We saw destroyers and cruise ships, tug boats and autoliners and big cargo carrying ships.
- The campsite was on a concrete pad with full hookups and the spacing between rigs was fine.
- The $20 fee/night was good. (We had to pay all of $2.00 extra to be on the front row near the water!) We have paid $20 a night for a lot less.
- Laundry at the campsite was free! That was a big surprise and the facilities are new and well kept.
- The campground was clean and well maintained.
- Allowed to wash the RV at your campsite.
- Entry/exit on/off the base is easy.
- Staff is friendly. No hassles or close 'over the shoulder scrutiny' of campers which is nice.
- Only a short 10 minute walk to a big beach.
- Within walking distance to shopette and post office.
- People are friendly. For some reason (maybe it is Florida in the winter time?) people there were friendly. Seemed like we got into a friendly conversation with folks 3-4 times a day.
Here are a few of my favorite pictures while there:
The view from our campsite (before we got set up):
The beach at sunrise:
Washing the RV:
And Navy ships:
We got to see a lot and we enjoyed our time at Mayport. We intend to visit again and stay longer than three days!
So that is one place we would call a 'Five Star' campground.
What is one campground you have been that you really like?
Hope you are having a good week. Thanks for joining us on the Roadrunner Chronicles! Please stop by again!