He recommended I wait on getting the whole front repainted and said he could clean up the black smudge and buff it out and touch up all the nicks. But to repaint the whole front end with all the lines and graphics and then apply the 3M clear coat on top we were talking about a $2000 job.
We met a very nice couple who are also getting some work done at Bruce's paint shop. Bear and Jennifer are from Montana and have been full-timing about a year. We mentioned we were going to Tupelo and Best Buy to see what they could do about my camera.
After breakfast, we stopped over at the Allegro Campground Office (Tiffin Service area) and spoke to Norris about our list of items to get fixed. He said he'd get us into the Express Bay on Friday morning which sounded good to us!
Then it was off to Tupelo which is about 55 miles away. We were there before 10:00 so we killed some time. Right about 10:00 when the store opened we saw Bear and Jennifer again. They said they had been looking for a Best Buy for a while and when we mentioned it, they decided they'd make the drive also...
I have had my Powershot Elf camera for about a year. But I guess I use it so much I wore it out. This is not the first time that's happened. When I press the button on top to open the lens it give me an error message and makes a clanking noise. And the lens does not open.
Next, we picked up some things at Walmart, then went to lunch at Chik-Fil-A and then back to the paint shop. They were making good progress but weren't finished yet.
Another big scratch we got fixed was a gash on the side of two rear bay doors. On our first trip a couple of years ago to Florida, a sudden rain storm and squall with heavy winds. Our neighbor had they awning out and both Pam and I went out in the storm to help her with that.
Meanwhile, our grill had blew off the little table stand it was on and into the side of our coach. It also left a couple of big scratches. Today Bruce was taking care of those as well.
Back at the Service Center, we wandered over to the Customer Area and then walked up and down between the service bays and watched some of the work being done on coaches there.
Shortly after 2:00 PM Bruce called and said the Roadrunner was ready so went over to pick it up.
The bay doors and the refrigerator vent that was painted looked great.
The front end cleaned up well and we pointed out a few nicks they missed. They were glad to touch those up in addition to the many others ones they already fixed. We saved some big bucks on that one! In fact the whole job did not cost us anything. Yet. Bruce closed up the shop at 2 PM and said, "Pick up the coach and come by and pay me in the morning".
At some point down, we will have to spring for a new front end but it will go on the 'Major Repairs - Big $$' for now. The front windshield is already on that list. It has a few chips but no cracks and we know it will need to be replaced also.
We weren't done yet though. We drove drove the coach back over to our camp site and replaced the windshield wipers.
Once that was done, I repaired my shoe. While in Albuquerque, I kicked a sprinkler head and it caused a slight tear in the mesh top near my toe. I love these Saucony running shoes so, I got a large curved carpet needle and used heavy duty thread to repair it.
With that, we watched some TV, had a fantastic salad for dinner and too it easy for the rest of the day.
Thanks for joining us today on the Roadrunner Chronicles!