Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Beautiful Monday

First, Welcome to new 'Followers' to the Roadrunner Chronicles:
N&J
Jessica
and our new friends
John and Judy 
who sold their house a few days ago and will be full-timing in the not-to-distant future. Congrats!

Thanks to all for joining us on our adventures!  Looking forward to your comments and hearing from you!

Yesterday started off with a beautiful sunrise.  I was up early (4:30 ish) after our first comfortable night back in the Roadrunner.  I guess while we were gone, there has been some nasty weather here in the campground.  But yesterday was a beautiful morning to get some coffee and hang out by the lake before everyone got up.
Shortly after breakfast I headed out for a brisk 45 minute walk around the campground.  We have some good walking roads around the area and very little traffic.
After that, I concentrated on some computer work.  I am finishing up expenses for the month of May and taking a look at the how we did on the budget for our first full year of full-timing.  I will be publishing that soon and redoing the budget.  It needs some tweaking to be a little more realistic.

Yesterday I was reading one of the blogs I follow, and saw that John and Sandy did a better job of setting up there budget and it needs no adjustments.  Check it out:  Mothership RV - Our Travel Adventures  In fact they came in at a whooping $743 under budget last month.

In addition to reading my favorite blogs, I made a few calls to see about next year's TV service and internet service.  We cancelled a portion of our Direct TV movie options and saved ourselves $36/month.  Then I called Autonet Mobile and asked if we save money by paying our $29/month all at once.  Nope on that, but good to know there is no price change this year.  I also asked them about a booster antenna and will likely get one in the next few weeks.  My bandwidth is fine now but can anyone have too much bandwidth?

After lunch we went to a followup appointment with my cardiologist.  I had a very good report on the angiogram from 3 weeks ago.  She had one more EKG done and it looks like the other two I have recently done ~ abnormal EKG.  But the angiogram is more conclusive and she was not concerned.

My goal is to get with the exercise and aerobic activities so I can lower the bad and increase the good cholesterol in a couple of months.  I have heard that before, so it is time to get with it.  That way I can stay off more meds.

One of the neat things since our stay here at Haas Lake has been Pam's flower box garden.  She wanted to grow some basil and yesterday it was ready to harvest.
She cut some, washed it and put it in a blender with some olive oil so we could have pesto pasta.  It smelled great and tasted even better!

I think a baseball game was on last night but don't remember it.  I dozed off before I got up and went to bed.

That was our beautiful Monday.
Glad you joined us on the Roadrunner Chronicles.  Only 90 more to go...who will be the next one to 'Follow'?  Let's keep it going...and thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Nice sunrise on the lake photo. Always pays to keep a camera close by:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunrise!
    Good luck with your cholesterol. I am taking Vytorin right now but I hope that if I can loose some weight I MIGHT be able to get off the meds. The doctor thinks in my case it might be hereditary. Thanks Mom!
    Pam's flower box garden looks very nice!

    Take care!
    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great early morning photo over the lake. Your Dr. gave you the same advice as mine for lowering the bad cholesterol and raising the good - aerobic exercise. Trouble is, I get tired just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BASIL!!! How I love thee...let me count the ways!
    I thought I'd never get to grow it again since we'll be on the road, but your post gives me hope!

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete