Never the less, I was mulling over my most recent lesson-learned
(check out the problem you just fixed
as in give it a test run. Or in my case
after I set the latches, I should have tugged on them
to make sure the vent was secure)
We got situated at our site and all set up. Jacks down, slides out, water and electricity hooked up, sewer hose out and checked.
Inside, Pam had rearranged furniture, put out the rugs, moved things from their travel position in the shower, hooked up the bedroom TV which lies facedown on the bed in the travel mode, etc.
Then when she tried to open the top drawer. It opened slightly but something was getting caught inside. There was no moving it more than a couple of inches either way. Being the strong guy that I am, I gave it a good tug.
It worked the drawer open. Sort of. The end and sides of the drawer came apart from the back and the top drawer collapsed into the second drawer. Oh man...
I really didn't have much choice--it wasn't going to open any other way and we needed to be able to get into it. Now we had another project on our hands.
I removed the pieces of the drawer and then we found a Costco bag for temporary storage of the contents of the broken drawer.
Once we did that, Pam started working on the drawer while I found some cardboard to cut out a temporary vent cover which I wrote about yesterday.
Pam got some needle nose pliers and pulled out the brad nails.
Then we looked at the sides of the drawer that were split (from the brad nails) and put it all back together with wood glue and some clamps.
to make the drawer fit squarely into the slide rails drawer thingys.
For now it is fixed and functional and will last us until the summer when we are back in Red Bay. At that time, we will have Chris Berry make new drawers for all our current kitchen drawer. This time with real wood and not particle board.
We are happy with the way it turned out and will move on to the next project.
Thanks for joining us on the Roadrunner Chronicles! Until next time...