We began the month in Norfolk, VA and found ourselves in Red Bay, AL at the Allegro Service Center at the end of May.
- Little Creek Navy Base (Norfolk, VA)
- Mike and Joan's (Maynardville, TN)
- Y's Acres (Tuscaloosa, AL)
- Allegro Campground (Red Bay, AL)
- Diesel Fuel and gas - we traveled over 1000 miles in the Roadrunner and probably that many miles in the Honda.
- Campground fees - since we spent a week in Tennessee and two more weeks in Tuscaloosa with Habitat for Humanity, we spent far less that the $25/day we budgeted.
- Groceries - we were about $140 under our budget which is always good.
- Car and RV Maintenance - we took our Honda in to the dealer in Knoxville to get our 80,000 maintenance done as well as knew brakes. In Red Bay, we got the generator and Freightliner maintenance done and we also had $389 worth of work done from our 'list of things to repair'. That coupled with yearly diesel maintenance our total for the month came to over $2000.
- Medical - Pam and I had checkups and got refills on our meds which accounted for the uptick on that category.
Once again, we were over budget for the month by almost $750. However, our monthly average for the last 12 months show us to be $480 under budget. So we are not too concerned.
In fact, this was the best year for us in our four years on the road. We are going to take a look at the last four years and adjust our budget (downward) to see how close we come to hitting. It. The good news is that we are grateful we can do this without dipping into our savings or any of that.
So that is our financials for May and our latest edition of the Roadrunner Chronicles. Thanks for joining us! Until next time...