We tried to park in Tom and Cathy's driveway and maneuver so we were across the driveway and on the turn-around area.
It was going OK until I started backing into it and hear a lot of commotion. I stopped the engine and went out to take a quick look. Too late -- the back wheels were on the very edge of the tarmac and were sinking. If I was quick thinking I would have jumped back into the driver's seat and fired it up again to see if I could get it out.
We checked for damage, didn't see any and repositioned the Roadrunner on the driveway right in front of Tom and Cathy's. It wasn't real level so we got put some boards under the tires and drove up on them to level the coach. That worked pretty well.
When we deployed the jacks, the right rear (PS) jack looked crooked and would not set down flat with all the weight on it. We raised them again and found that the foot and extending rod of the jack was damaged. So we raised the jacks and did not use them. (Note to self: just because the area is paved, it does not mean that there is crushed rock and/or base core underneath the asphalt.)
That seemed to work fine. In fact we drove the Roadrunner down to Milwaukee for a few days and stayed at the State Fairgrounds. We found a level site and did not use the jacks.
After our time at Redstone Lake, we drove 160 miles to the HWH plant and service center in Moscow, Iowa.
Pam commented "It seems as if these folks like their job and like working here." I agreed - we have been to some service centers and that is not always the case. I think the supervisor sets the tone and creates the atmosphere. That would be Bill - he was very good with us and with his people. And it showed.
They checked for leaks, looked at our slide out sync motor and a bolt I had sheared and replaced and it all checked out fine. They moved the coach from one bay to another one and set the jacks down and raised them a few times to make sure it was all working fine.
We were out by 3:30. And to beat it all it cost only $249! I wasn't sure if they could replace some damaged parts or would have to replace the entire jack assembly. So I was glad for that.
And now we have a new foot.
Thanks for viewing the Roadrunner Chronicles today!