Friday, July 27, 2012

Great Days in Virginia Beach

Like most of the rest of the country, it has been hot here.  But I like hot, so it has been great.  I love warm weather.  Like yesterday - it was upper 90's when I went for a bike ride.  I use the mobile app:  MapMyRide on my iPhone to log my 'workout'.
Here is the route I took from our campground near the Naval Air Station (NAS) Oceana.  I rode down to Virginia Beach and along the boardwalk.  I love Virginia Beach!

It has one of the best beaches any where.  Even in the middle of the week it was busy.  From 1st Street to 40th Street, it seems like there was a lot going on and a lot of folks on the beach.
For as long as the eye could see, there were beach chairs and umbrellas and people enjoying the great morning weather.

Our days are busy and I thought I'd give a recap for those of you that wonder, "What do those guys do with their time?"  Here is a rundown on my day:

I got up the usual time:  about 5:15 AM.  I do some reading and mulling over things during my 'quiet time'.  Early morning is the best part of the day for me - with a good cup of coffee, some morning solitude and a bit of a clear head, I like to think about things and plan my day.

Pam gets up a little after 7:00 AM and most days Kelly gives me a quick call on the way to work.  So we can check in and see how she's doing.  With the wedding a little over two weeks, things are moving right along.  She is a planner and a detail person, so it pretty much under control at this point.

The last week of the month, I begin getting ready for my online work by sending my accounts an email and giving them a 'heads up' that the Monthly Report is coming due.  I create folders, download report templates and basically get set up for about 40 hours of online on the 1st.

I also spent time contacting the Medical Group, our two doctors, and the lab that all have sent medical bills for two office visits and some lab blood work done six weeks ago.  Our mail service is in Sioux Falls, SD and we only get delivery of our mail every four weeks.  So bill payment for our doctors visits lag a bit.  Other items on our Visa, MasterCard, AT&T phone bill, Verizon mifi -- I pay online so we keep up on it with no problem.

After that, it was time for a bike ride.  While Pam was doing some wash, I went for the bike ride down to Virginia Beach.  By the time I got back it was lunch time.  I drank a couple of Gatorades and ate lunch.  Next it was time to get a haircut so I spent about 30 minutes getting out the clippers and giving my self a buzz.  Then I took a shower.

In the after noon, I answered some emails and had an issue with my computer access.  I need to make some updates on my work paperwork and went over to the Rec Center at the Navy Annex to use their computer.  I was partially successful and will need to work it some more.

By that time, it was almost time to head over to Kelly's for dinner with her.  Pam took some food and we actually went over to Jon's place.  She is moving some things from her place to his before the wedding.  He is out of town for a few days.  While Pam fixed dinner, Kelly and I fiddled with their bikes, went down to the beach to see a house one of their friend just bought.

Then we had dinner together and hung out a little while before returning to the Roadrunner.  I did some reading while Pam watched a baseball game.  I fell asleep for a few minutes and decided it was time to hit the hay sometime after 10:30 PM.

So - there is a rundown on a 'typical' day in the life of a full-time RVer.  I say "typical" because I am not sure there is any such thing…  We are here for another month or so and expect to be here at the same campground, so that part will be the same.  The rest of our time here promises to be more exciting and eventful as we get ready for the wedding in a couple of weeks.

That is all for now - Thanks for joining us on the Roadrunner Chronicles!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment