In August, we left Portland, OR and headed estate and then south from Sioux Falls to Memphis TN,. The big event was recovering from my retina detachment surgery in Portland where we stayed from the last week of July into the middle of August.
We also stopped along the way at:
- Portland Fairview RV Park, Portland OR
- Four Seasons RV Park, Walla Walla WA
- Cummins Spokane Jim and Mary's - Missoula MT
- Mountain Range RV Park - Columbus MT
- Peter D - Sheridan WY
- Sleepy Hollow Campground - Wall, SD
- WH Lyons Fairgrounds - Sioux Falls SD
- Griff's Valley View RV Park, Altoona IA
- HWH Parking Lot, Moscow IA
- Galesburg East Campground, Knoxville IL
- Cahokia RV Parque, East St Louis MO
- Scott AFB IL FamCamp, MO
- Hinton RV Park, Sikeston MO
- Mid South Navy RV Park Millington TN
Or, if you prefer and find this easier to navigate, here is a static map:
We spent the month leaving Portland and taking a route east through Montana and into Wyoming. We were able to see the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, the spacious and scenic Montana vistas and we stopped at the Custer / Little Big Horn Memorial Historic Site. We ended up in Memphis were we took in the fun Graceland home and museum. It was a busy month!
Good News Areas We Are Under Budget
Our most expensive categories included:
- Campgrounds and
- Eating Out
Large One Time Cost Item
In August, we had work done at Cummins Spokane ($212) and then we had the slideout fixed at HWH in Moscow Iowa ($885).
Our monthly average is still sadly way above what we were hoping for. The RV Maintenance and paying for high season campground sites also were factors in our overage.
That's a snapshot of how we're feeling about the cost of things on this Full-Time Journey. We are in month 87 of "Living the Dream".
Hopefully, some of the thoughts and figures are of some interest/value/curiosity. If you'd like a blank spreadsheet of what I use I'd be glad to send you it at no charge to do with what you wish.
Thanks for joining us today on the Roadrunner Chronicles!