Pages

Friday, June 12, 2015

Bike Ride through Zion NP

We stayed at Orderville/Mt Carmel UT for about a week.  During that time we managed to drive over to Zion National Park at least five times.  The second time we went to Zion, we planned on being their by 8:30 or so.  Pam was going to hike a trail along the river near the Visitor Center and I was going on a bike ride from the Visitor Center to the Temple of Sinawava.

Though the map doesn't show it very well, this could have been one of my most scenic rides ever!
This map is one we picked up at the Visitor's Center. There are no cars allowed during the summer past the Zion Lodge.
The park map does a better job of showing the route and observations points along the way.

Pam dropped me off at the "Zion Human History Museum" where I began my ride.
Then she went on down to the Visitor's Center and did a hike along Virgin River.  While she was doing that I started my uphill ride through the Canyon toward Temple of Sinewava turn around point.
The beauty was all around.  The incline was moderate as I made my way past the Court of the Patriarchs, Zion Lodge and the Grotto.
I was a little surprised it only took a little over 40 minutes for me to make my way up to the turn around point near the shuttle bus stop.  From here some people wade up through the river to the Narrows which makes for a nice hike.
On the way down, I saw different shades and light on the magnificent canyon walls.
I passed by Weeping Rock and down to Zion Lodge again where you can see some horseback riders getting ready to leave the coral.

It was a great hike and I finished up about the same time Pam got back to the Visitor's Center.  It was a fun day and one I will remember.  On the way out there, were more beautiful canyons to see.
Thanks for joining us today on the Roadrunner Chronicles!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Ron and I rode that once but, wimps that we are, we put the bikes on the bus going up and just rode down. Cool thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. Ron and I rode that once but, wimps that we are, we put the bikes on the bus going up and just rode down. Cool thing to do.

    ReplyDelete