Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Remembering Tuscaloosa Tornado 2 Years Later

A few days before we left Tuscaloosa, we took drive around the area near Holt which was close to our work site.  We were near the Alberta area building houses.
We took some photos of the area.

This is where Alberta Elementary School once stood.
And over in the Holt area more effects of the storm:
We saw only one storm shelter:
And a house with a pool and garage - only the garage left
The devastation and destruction of these tornadoes is hard to comprehend.  We have never been through one or experienced it.  Two years later, things are a lot better, but their lives have changed and they have endured a lot.

When we see the recent tornadoes in Texas and Oklahoma our hearts go out to them also.  But for now I think about what one homeowner said to us while we were in Tuscaloosa, "Thanks for remembering us".

Thanks for joining us today on the Roadrunner Chronicles!  Until next time...



4 comments:

  1. I was 8 years old when a tornado destroyed my grandparents home and barn, where a lot of my memories had been made. It took my grandad and left my grandma in a wheel chair for the rest of her life. As a kid, I was scared to death of those wicked funnels who took who and what they wanted.
    I still fear those storms, but from a different perspective.
    Thank You guys for all the home building you do to help others.
    Happy Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The damage a tornado can do is just heart-breaking. My heart goes out to those that have been affected. The RV park we're staying in now was destroyed two years ago by one and it is still fresh in everyone's memory!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actuallу make it seem sο eaѕy with уour presentation but
    І find this matter to bе actuallу ѕomethіng that I think I ωould neνer understanԁ.

    It seems too complex and extrеmely broad fοr mе.
    I аm looking forward for your next pοѕt, I will tгy to gеt the hang οf it!


    Alsο visit my ωeb page; Getting The Ideal Hotels

    ReplyDelete