April was a month that began in Georgia for us and ended with our time in Virginia Beach, VA. Along the way, we spent time in St. Simon's Island and Jekyll Island before going to Augusta, GA and The Master's Golf Tournament. From their we drove up to Virginia Beach where we finished out the month.
Overall, it was a month where our budget basically flew out the window while we enjoyed the Master's, ate out a lot seeing family and friends and got some new tires for the car.
During the month of April we stayed in the following campgrounds:
- Kings Bay, GA (Eagle's Nest Military Campground)
- Petersburg COE Park, Evans GA
- RVacation Campground, Selma, NC
- Little Creek MWR (Morale, Welfare, Recreation) Military Park, Norfolk, VA
Good News Areas We Are Under Budget
- Campgrounds stays (almost $150.00)Groceries (Woot - almost $25.00!)
- 1 Time Costs - (This is a place holder based on what I did last year so that was $200 under)
Our biggest expenses over budget were:
- Car insurance - 6 month premium was due this month. I could prorate it, but choose to note it when we pay it and have $0 the other 10 months.
- Diesel fuel ( -$119.88) - (it is only going to get worse I think as we travel more during the summer)
- RV & Car Maintenance - bought new Michelin tires for the Honda. We could have found cheaper ones but we like Michelin's and you pay for the best….
- Computer accessories - camera tripods, 2 x 32GB cards and an HDMI adapter to hook up the TV to my laptop
- Eating Out - one of our biggest over budget expenses at $356 over…
- Misc (Entertainment/Clothes/Gifts) - $401 over largely because of the gift shop at the Master's Golf Tournament. I admit it - I went a little nuts there.
Large One Time Cost Items
Our tires cost us a whooping $766 so this is biggest single expense for us this month.
At $1650 over budget I realize it is a lot. However, we spent a lot of time with family and friends, got to see the Master's golf tournament in person and we had to get our tires replaced. So I take the long (Year to Date) view:
There you have it for our financials last month - hope some of you find it useful and/or interesting. Thanks for joining us on the Roadrunner Chronicles!
Until next time...