Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

A Memorable Evening

Pam and I were married in Fort Walton Beach in February 1979. WoW! It has gone by quickly! I could go on and on but I'll just say that I've always felt like I am the luckiest guy in the world.

For our 25th we went to Hawaii. That wasn't in the budget this year but we wanted to do something special.

We ended up at one of the top restaurants in the area:
L'Auberge Chez Francois.
It reminded us of our time in Europe years ago. The setting and the atmosphere was excellent.
This restaurant is a top rated one in the Washington area. We decided to go all out and order the Chateaubriand for two. We started with a standard French bread and a garlic herb. I really liked the chive butter that came with the garlic bread. Next we had a small portion of a quiche made of cheese, spinach, tomato, ham and bacon. We also had French-onion and mushroom soups. Maybe the best I've ever had.

Following the soups we had green salads with a tasty vinaigrette dressing. The main course came on a silver platter served up by the head waiter. It was a spectacular presentation of tenderloin, mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, beans an
d asparagus. The glass of French Merlot was considerably better than what I normally have. We had a small serving of chocolate ice cream dessert to top off the evening.
I doubt we will be back anytime soon, but it was memorable evening at L'Augerge Chez Francois.

1 comment: