Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

I love this time of year for many reasons.  Mostly because it is the start of the holiday season and most folks are in an good mood.  Anticipation, good vibes and friendly folks are common.

Also -- every Thanksgiving I sit back and think about the things I am most thankful for.  First I have to say I am thankful for Jesus.  In 1971 when I understood some of what He did for me--it changed my perspective and values and direction in life. 

When it comes to families:  I have the best. 

IMG_3324 

I feel like Lou Gehrig, "...the luckiest man in the world."

Next is my one and only - Pam -  She is an amazing woman.   In February we will have been married 30 years.  That was the happiest day in my life. Then Adam and Kelly.  What a couple of great, squared-away kids.  I learn a lot from them and have been immeasurably blessed to be their dad.   We have a lot of fun.  Always have.

Then the other things that make life good:  a great job with a non-profit company that places high value on quality of life; great neighbors and friends; a good church to attend; and the good prospect of a future and a hope.

I hope you and yours are equally blessed this Thanksgiving and wish you a happy and blessed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment