I love being on the road again. The Roadrunner rides smoothly, has comfortable seats and a big front window and it is a joy to be still living the dream.
After driving all day long, we were a little below half full on the diesel tank so we pulled into a gas station in Tazewell TN. It cost us $174 to fill up. I still remember not too long ago and it was twice that to fill up. While filling up I did a walk around and to my surprise noticed we had dropped a PS rear hub cap somewhere.
We had a nice day driving with some clouds and 60 degree weather. In the afternoon it cleared up and it was bright and shiny when we rolled into to our camp spot at Mike and Joan's about 4 PM. Long day but we got a good night's sleep and an extra day here.
While Joan and Pam went out to see their dad, Mike and I tried to hunt down a hub cap. We came up empty handed but had a good day hanging out together.
Pam and I had a few minutes so we firmed up some reservations along our next couple legs of our summer travels. We haven't finalized all our plans but we do have the following places on the schedule:
- Roadrunner RV Resort and Campground (Private), Maynardville TN
- Tiffin Factory, Red Bay AL
- Kirk and Susan, Oklahoma City, OK
- Reid and Amy/Kirtland AFB, Albuquerque NM
- Paul and Bobbi, Tehachapi, CA
- Bob and Sue, Yucaipa Regional Park, Redlands CA
- Sequoia National Park, CA
- Yosemite National Park, CA
- Brothers and Wives Reunion at Marty's Cabin, Arnold CA
- Oregon Coast, OR
- Olympia National Park, WA
- Glacier National Park, ID/MT
- Care-A-Vanner Habitat for Humanity Build, Sheridan WY
- Sioux Falls, SD
- Omaha NE
- Elkhart IN
- Philiadelphia PA
- Virginia Beach VA
That translates to something like this:
That's all for now - Thanks for joining us today on the Roadrunner Chronicles! Maybe we'll see you all the way somewhere?