We traveled from Virginia to Texas through Louisiana and stayed at a great State Park near New Orleans.
- JEB Little Creek MWR Campground, Virginia Beach VA
- High Rock Marina and Campground, Lexington NC
- Freightliner Repair Facility, Gaffney SC
- Camp Lake Jasper, Hardeeville SC
- Pelican Roost Campground, Mayport Naval Station, Mayport FL
- Mid-Bay Shores Campground, Niceville FL
- Fountainbleu State Park, Mandeville LA
- Bayou Wilderness RV Resort, Layfayette LA
- Shallow Creek RV, Gladewater TX
- Cowtown RV Park, Aledo TX
Or, if you prefer and find this easier to navigate, here is a static map:
Good News Areas We Are Under Budget
Our biggest expenses for the month were in the areas of:
- Diesel fuel
- Food and
- Misc spending which included a lot of golf and clothes
Large One Time Cost Item
Our biggest expense for the month was in Gaffney SC at the Freightliner Repair Facility where we had general maintenance done and new tie rods put on. It all cost us $2492 which went way over our budgeted amount for RV and Car Maintenance.
For April, we were considerably over budget which accounted for our rise in the monthly average from $3700+ / month to almost $4000. But at this stage of the year, we were very happy to be under our goal of $4100.
That's a snapshot of how we're feeling about the cost of things on this Full-Time Journey. We are in month 63 of doing it.
Hopefully, some of the thoughts and figures are of some interest/value/curiosity. If you'd like a blank spreadsheet of what I use I'd be glad to send you it at no charge to do with what you wish.
Thanks for joining us today on the Roadrunner Chronicles!