I have wanted to wash and wax/polish the coach for a number of weeks. But either the weather has not cooperated or we have not been in a good place to get the job done. But here at the Hurlburt Field Campground, we did.
First order of business was washing the roof and getting a good coat of wax on it.
The roof has been oxidizing and then those while streaks roll off the top down the side of the Roadrunner.
The way I do it is to get both collapsible hoses connected (with a nozzle on one end) and wrap some of the hose around an air conditioner so it doesn't slide off. Then I get a 5 gallon bucket, a little dish soap and climb up on top. Next I fill the bucket with some soap, add water and I'm in business.
Pam cranks up the digital antenna so I can wash under it and away I go. It doesn't take too long to do the top.
Next we washed the back, both sides and the front. By that time (after about an hour and 20 minutes) I had about all the fun I could stand for one day. The next day I used 'The Solution' which I have used for years.
Even so, it took me two more 2+ hour episodes to get the whole thing done.
After that, she set them out to dry before the put them back on.
I also took off the metal grate/screen door protector and Pam cleaned the front screen door too.
So we have a clean coach again and got that job done.
Thanks for joining us today on the Roadrunner Chronicles.