During March, stayed at campgrounds in:
- Lake Griffin State Park
- Falling Waters State Park
- Pensacola Naval Air Station
- Hurlburt Field FL FamCamp (Fort Walton Beach)
- Destin FL Army Recreation Area Campground
- Tyndall AFB FL FamCamp (Panama City)
- Tallahassee (Tallahassee RV Park)
- Kings Bay Submarine Base GA
Good News Areas We Are Under Budget
Nothing real big in this area as we ended up $262.62 under. We did best in three areas:
- RV and Car Maintenance. I keep a placeholder here and used $342 to pay for a battery solenoid.
- Campgrounds. We were still under our budget though we didn't stay anywhere for very long.
- Groceries. For just the two of us for the month, we were please with this number.
- Household Items. We saw a good deal on a sturdy beach umbrella and bought a new coffee pot that was leaking.
Our biggest expenses continue to be eating out. But we saw a lot of friends and decided it was worth it and were glad we did.
- Diesel. We obviously moved around a lot during the month. I didn't keep track of mileage but we hovered around 7 mpg.
- Eating Out. Need to add this to the budget for year 5.
- Misc (Entertainment). Biggest drivers here were 5 rounds of golf, a boat tour and we bought some hats and a new pair of shoes.
- 1 Time Costs - Got our income taxes done and owed a little. That plus preparation fees accounted for that number.
Large One Time Cost Items
Income taxes and fees were the biggest item, followed by the solenoid.
We are happy to be under budget this month. That makes the tenth month in a row for Year 3 (two more months left) that we have been under budget. Our cumulative monthly average shows us $840 under budget.
That is a recap of where our money went last month. Thanks for taking a look at the Roadrunner Chronicles! Until next time...