Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

More Roadrunner Friends

As I indicated in my last post, we are currently in Key West.  But I have yet to write a post about our time in Flamingo Campground in the Everglades National Park.  So that will be coming soon…

Meanwhile, I realized I forgot to mention while we were at Midway Campground at Cypress National Park we met Al and Karen of "RV Travels with Karen and Al" fame.  Be sure to check out her blog.  She does a great job of keeping up with things and regularly updates it.

So there I was reading a book outside the Roadrunner on a nice day.  (The book was Centennial by James Michener.  I vowed months ago that I was going to finish it.  The tome of 1000+ pages was disappointing to me.  The first half was good, then it really slowed down for me.  But I finished it.)

I saw Al and Karen walking over to the Camphost site and said hello.  We talked for a while and found out that we knew each other through our blogs.  So we met some more blogging friends.  That was exciting!  Be sure to stop by their blog!

A few days later we stopped at the Everglades National Park Visitor Center on our way to the Flamingo Campground.  The Visitor Center was a very good one and worth the stop.  The 11 minute video was well do and gave historical and environmental perspectives on the Everglades.  By that time, it was time for lunch and we ate in the Roadrunner in the parking lot.

As we were finishing up a man was taking a good look at the Roadrunner.  He was walking around the front when I poked out my head and spoke to him.  He was surprised we were inside but we talked and went outside and got to meet Felix and his wife Marie-Claude.  They were visiting from France.
They live near Normandy and are in the States for a few days on holiday.  It was a great time meeting them and hitting it off so well in a short amount of time.  We exchanged email addresses and I recently got a nice note from him.  Next time we are in the Normandy area, we will have to look them up.

So it was fun to meet some old and new friends.  Another reason I love this lifestyle!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the Roadrunner Chronicles!  Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. OK, we are heading to Flamingo this winter, so please tell us all about it;o)) You are right about all the great people you meet in this lifestyle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading Michener..and yes, he can get very long winded..My fav' is Alaska...fabulous..I'm like you..I absolutely HAVE to finish one book before I start another...a little OCD at play there, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also anxious to hear about Flamingo.
    Small world isn't it?

    ReplyDelete