We did not have an appointment so we waited and got into a Three Hour Service Bay in a couple of days. Our list was not too long this time:
- Fix or replace the toilet switch
- Check the step cover which was not closing
- Adjust the 4" large awning tray so it rolls under the awning when it retracts
- Replace front spotlight on top of the cab above the windshield
- Check electrical problem to determine if it is the inverter
- Check under slide out floors for any leaks or wood rot
- Replace wood flooring under the wet bay
Nathan and Justin got right to work.
- Nathan adjusted the awning tray while Justin tweaked the toilet switch. I bought a replacement switch and he showed me how to hook up the wires in case it gives out.
- They looked at the entrance step cover and it appeared to be working fine.
- The awning support tray was adjusted so it will roll up under the awning cover when it retracts.
- The electrical problem we described should be fixed when we get an new inverter next when we get a Residential Refrigerator installed off site at Brannon's.
- All the slide outs were checked for leaks and all is well there.
- Then we got a new spotlight that had to be painted. After lunch they picked it up and Justin climbed on top of the Roadrunner, got strapped into a safety harness and got it installed.
The wet bay leak is a big problem and they are in the process of fixing hundreds of RVs by replacing the plywood underneath the clear, grey and black tanks.
This is really a gnarly process:
The piece they will replace looks like this:
Unfortunately, we are quite a few days out to get ours done. Looks like next week sometime.
In the meantime, we have gotten a new spot light:
The actual work on our coach took a couple of hours. So we have had a chance to go see the production line over at the plant:
It is fascinating each time we visit the plant. And we learn a lot!
Thanks for joining us again for this edition of the Roadrunner Chronicles! Until next time...