Recently, Time magazine published an article on the subject: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1682288,00.html
Interesting article but it has a few inaccuracies:
- It starts out with a picture of a National RV Dolphin and says RVs have Jacuzzis.
- The Dolphin is a nice gas motorhome, but it does not have a Jacuzzi.
- It says Howard and Linda Payne sold their 5-bedroom house and bought a 400 sq ft motor home. They bought a fifthwheel.
- It says Country Coach is increasing sales of their luxury motorhomes. Last month Country Coach laid off several hundred workers due to declining sales.
- It says RVers are turning to upscale parks that offer country club-like amenities for $50 a night. Resorts like that start at $100 a night and go way up.
Still it makes the point that there are a lot of people out there in RV land...